‘Girl loves drama’: Tweeps side with Lunga over Thando claims
Thando Thabethe’s shock claims about ex-boyfriend Lunga Shabalala have split fans, and many are having a hard time believing the claims. In a leaked document seen by City Press, the 947 presenter accused the actor of “harassing,” “following,” and “threatening” her following their split in October 2022. Thando even claimed that she “feared” for her safety […]
Thando Thabethe’s shock claims about ex-boyfriend Lunga Shabalala have split fans, and many are having a hard time believing the claims.
In a leaked document seen by City Press, the 947 presenter accused the actor of “harassing,” “following,” and “threatening” her following their split in October 2022.
Thando even claimed that she “feared” for her safety after the former Selimanthunzi presenter reportedly broke into her home earlier this year.
TWEEPS TAKE SIDES AFTER MESSY SPLIT
Following the bombshell claims, social media users expressed their disbelief over the domestic “drama.”
And many could not fathom Lunga Shabalala being the “stalker” ex, as described by Thando Thabethe.
@TheePetal_: “Lungs? Safety? Lol, girl loves drama, please.”
@mahlogonolo911: “Lunga looks like he wouldn’t hurt a fly.”
@stjoaps: “Lunga seems harmless.”
On the flip side, others claimed Thando was within her right to ask for protection, given the alarming statistics of gender-based violence.
@Kux_Sav: “It may seem like she’s exaggerating, but with the things men have been doing to women lately, she is justified.”
Despite their split, Thando and Lunga are seen together on her BET Africa reality show Unstoppable Thabooty, which was filmed last year.
THANDO THABETHE: 5 SHOCKING CLAIMS ABOUT LUNGA
In a court document seen by City Press, Thando Thabethe expressed her fear that Lunga Shabalala had continued to “harass” her. This, despite their low-key split last October.
She wrote: “Mr Shabalala has exhibited strange behaviour, including following me and breaking into my house.
She continued: “I fear for my safety as I do not know how he will react once the show is aired. He is constantly stalking and harassing me, and I don’t want the situation to escalate”.
Thando went on to detail several alarming incidents regarding Lunga Shabalala, including:
- “March 3 2023: Mr Shabalala could not reach me and therefore tailgated into my complex under the guise of fetching his belongings. Upon realising I was not home, he called my best friend numerous times and went on to ask her for the location of my work engagement.
- “May 5: Mr Shabalala arrived at my place of work; followed me to my car.
- “May 12: Mr Shabalala once again followed me from work to a nearby restaurant.
- “On another occasion, I went to Durban. He got upset, feeling he needed to know who I was travelling with.”
- “He is constantly creating situations that will have us in communication. He has also communicated instances where he watches my lights go off (sic).”