To commemorate Youth Day, 16 June 2015, a collection of well-known South Africans have shared their words of wisdom to their younger selves.
The video, compiled by the Expresso Show, is a fun look at what celebrities like musician Elvis Blue, cricketer JP Duminy, actor Soli Philander and TV personality Bonnie Mbuli would say to their 16-year-old selves.
[quote_center]What would you say to your 16-year-old self?[/quote_center]
Others in the video include adventurer Riaan Manser, DJ T-Bo Touch, Miss SA 2011 Melinda Bam, musicians Judith Sephuma and Bobby van Jaarsveld, journalist Kass Naidoo- Journalist and actress Vuyelwa Booi.
Some of their words of wisdom include:
- Always respect your elders
- Don’t be so hard on yourself
- Accept and embrace change
- Find hard work you love doing
- Remember every stage of your life is important
- Be passionate about something
- Do unto others as you would have done unto you
- It’s not a competiton. It’s not a race.
- Three things can change your life – friends, books and thoughts. Choose them wisely.
- You are special and unique.
- The best place to find love is within yourself.