If you’re a South African abroad and don’t have the time or the budget for a holiday to South Africa this summer/winter (depending where you are)…pull on your favourite South African rugby shirt, turn up the volume and enjoy a 12-minute holiday vicariously through SA expat Kimberly Aldworth.
Kimberly recently got back from taking her American boyfriend home for the first time. (And yes, he absolutely loved it – “best vacation ever”).
It was also Kimberly’s first holiday since she left 18 months ago…and like all good expats, she filmed everything from Florida Road in Durban to Chapman’s Peak in Cape Town. There are monkeys, penguins and even sharks.
This is what they got up to:
- Florida Road, Durban, KZN
- Comrades Marathon – “the world’s largest & greatest ultra marathon…and my cousin Darren was running!”
- At home in Hilton
- Cedara & Hilton College
- World’s View
- Durban Beachfront
- Moses Mabida Stadium on a 3-man bike
- Phezulu Safari Park, Valley of 1000 hills
- Nambiti Private Game Reserve – The Springbok Lodge
- Kwa Cheetah Project (A Cheetah Breeding Project in Kwa Zulu Natal, whose main goal behind the project “is not to sell cheetahs to zoos or any other likewise place, but to release our cats back into the African wilderness.”)
- Dylan & Tilyn’s wedding at The Windmills in Nottingham Road
- The Farmer’s Daughter on the Midlands Meander
- Karkloof canopy tours, zip lining
- Cape Town V&A Waterfront
- Kalk Bay
- Simon’s Town
- Table Mountain
- Boulders Bay, Penguin beach
- Stardust theatrical dinner
- Chapman’s Peak drive
- Lots of winerys – “we had a bit too much wine to remember which exact ones ;)”
- Diving with great white sharks in Gaansbaai – SHARK ALLEY!
Watch Video – South Africa 2015
Kimberly – “Sorry about the wobbles and low quality of some of the video.”