Grant Bushby is sapeople’s featured blogger in London, as well as Head of Marketing for BBC Worldwide’s Sales & Distribution division.
1. Proudest achievement to date?
Organising a party for 10,000 children in Moscow’s Red Square to launch the Teletubbies on Russian television
2. So why do you live in London?
Theatre, music gigs and the proximity to the rest of Europe (and beyond!)
3. Best two things about London?
The cultural events and venues and the Eurostar (when it’s not snowing)!
4. Worst two things about London?
Traffic and the cost of living
5. If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would it be?
Pangkor Laut. An idyllic island off the coast of Malaysia. Google it!
6. Most interesting person you’ve ever met and why?
Christopher Lee. I am in awe of his career and his sharp mind. I had not seen him for 20 years and he instantly recalled my name and the fact that way back in my career when I first met him I was the owner of (blush!) a moustache.
7. Your motto?
What goes around, comes around
8. Please finish:
One day I plan to… retire to the coast. Any coast.
9. When did you last visit South Africa and how did it feel to you?
July 2009. It made me realise how much I miss those stunning Highveld winters. Bitterly cold, but bluest skies I’ve seen in a long time. And the hadedas flying home to roost late afternoon with their haunting cry.
10. Please finish:
a) South Africa made me… adopt a strong work ethic
b) South Africans are so… hospitable
c) I wish South Africans would… promote their country more