Following a handful of heartbreaking viral videos, filmed in Afrikaans… pleading for help in putting a stop to farm murders, and all violent crimes in South Africa, there were requests from people abroad for the videos to be in English so as to reach foreigners.
South African comedian Radio Raps – or “Jonathan vanaf die Oos-Rand’ (Jonathan from the East Rand) – has stepped up and broadcast the below message during a live feed on Facebook.
Posted by Radioraps on Wednesday, October 25, 2017
South Africa’s Crime Statistics Include:
- The world average murder rate is 6,2 per 100 000 people per year.
- The South African murder ratio is 34,1 per 100 000 per year.
- The ratio at which commercial farmers and farm workers in South Africa are being killed has been calculated at an extreme 156 per 100 000 per year.
- More than 90 people have been killed in and around the Glebelands Hostel in KZN since 2014, and yet no arrests have been made in connection with the deaths
- There have been at least 341 farm attacks in SA this year, since 1 January, in which 70 people were killed.
- So far more farmers and farm workers have been killed during farm attacks during 2017 than in the whole of 2016.
- a total of 19 016 murders took place in South Africa in the last financial year
- there were 49 660 sexual offences, 18 205 cases of attempted murder and 170 616 cases of assault with the intent to inflict grievous bodily harm in the same year (and this is only those which were reported).
Information sourced from AfriForum.