Here’s how to switch to your decoder at your holiday home, or better yet, watch DStv Now on your phone or laptop while you’re away.
Planning a family trip to the beach or going back home for the holidays? Don’t miss out on your favourite soapies or faves like Carte Blanche and the Sunday night movie. Plus, there’s Boxing Day cricket!
There are two ways DStv customers can keep watching, no matter where they are: on a decoder at their holiday home or streaming online with DStv Now.
How to activate your holiday home decoder
- Visit www.dstv.co.za and log in.
- Go to Self Service and click on My Decoders.
- On your holiday home decoder, click Manage, then Switch from Main Account, and select the dates you’ll be at your holiday home.
- After your holiday, go back to Self Service, click on your holiday home decoder and select Move Package back to your main decoder.
You also have the option to Reconnect your DStv decoder at your holiday home, but this means you’ll be paying two DStv subscriptions for the duration of your holiday. For more help, visit here.
How to watch DStv on your laptop, phone or smart TV on holiday
DStv Now is a streaming service available to all DStv subscribers – like Netflix or Showmax. It doesn’t cost anything extra, except for any data you might use. Register for DStv Now and keep watching your favourite channels on holiday, just like you do from your couch at home.
Get DStv on your laptop or computer
- Go to now.dstv.com.
- Sign up and follow the prompts.
- Confirm your DStv account details and start watching online.
Get the DStv Now app for smartphones and tablets
- Download the DStv Now app from the Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Launch the app, log in and start watching.
Get the DStv Now app for smart TVs and media players
- Connect your TV to the internet using an ethernet cable or Wi-Fi.
- Visit the App Store on your smart TV or media player and search for “DStv Now”. If your smart TV is supported, you’ll see the app.
- Click install.
- Once installed, the app will display a code on your TV screen.
- On a laptop or desktop, go to now.dstv.com/tv. You will be prompted to sign in before being able to link the smart TV.
- Enter the code, sign in and start watching.
Download shows off DStv and take them on holiday with you
Not everyone has Wi-Fi access at home or while on holiday. Find a Wi-Fi hotspot and open the DStv Now app on a smartphone or tablet. Go to the Catch Up section of the app and find your favourite series, sports highlights or a movie you’d like to watch. Hit the download button; they’ll stay on your device for 30 days.