Good news: SASSA grants INCREASE next month for pensioners
As of Sunday 1 October 2023, SASSA grants increase for pensioners. Here’s by how much and how you can claim …
As of Sunday 1 October 2023, SASSA grants increase for old-age pensioners. It may not be by a lot, but every Rand and cent counts for the elderly in South Africa. The SASSA grants increase takes the amount to R2 090 for anyone between the ages of 60- and 74-years old. And R2 110 per month goes to anyone over 75-years of age. That’s an increase of R10 per grant.
TRENDING: How to APPLY for a SASSA child grant
The SASSA grants increase is for old-age pensioners. This means 60-year-old citizens, permanent residents and refuges, who have no source of financial income. Only if you reside permanently in South Africa do pensioners qualify for assistance.
SASSA GRANTS INCREASE
Follow the link HERE to check all the requirements below and how to apply for a SASSA old-age pension grant. The processing of an application can take up to 3 months. If and when your SASSA grant is accepted, however, you receive back-dated funds from the time you applied. If your SASSA grant is turned down, you can appeal the ruling within 90 days.
Your SASSA grants increase will be suspended if:
- The applicant passes away.
- You are taken into a state institution funded by government (this includes a prison, rehabilitation center, etc).
- Your circumstances change for the better.
- You misrepresent yourself and your access to means and commit fraud.
- Any mistakes occurred at the time of grant approval.
- You fail to comply in any way during the review of your grant.
- If you leave South Africa for 90 days or more.
REGULAR MEANS REVIEWS
SASSA must review your living situation regularly to ensure your circumstances have remained constant since you applied for the grant. SASSA grants increase reviews are predated by a written notification detailing the date and venue of when the review will take place.
SASSA grants increase for pensioners can be received in the following ways:
- Through institutions such as an old-age home.
- Cash at pre-selected pay points on predetermined days.
- Electronic deposit to Post Bank or any other bank. Normal banking fees apply.
- You may assign someone power of attorney to collect your SASSA grants increase for you.
Countrywide toll-free line: 0800 601 011
SASSA Western Cape: 021 469 0200