1. Some people seem to believe that Johannesburg is a beautiful place.
2. They make ridiculous claims about it being the largest man-made forest in the world.
3. But this makes no sense.
4. Because in reality the place is a practically a desert.
5. Nothing exciting ever happens there.
6. There is literally nowhere to watch sport.
7. And don’t bother trying to find anywhere to play sport.
8. You’ll probably starve to death because there’s nowhere nice to eat.
9. And the hotels are really run-down.
10. The architecture is totes unoriginal.
11. I mean…
12. There is absolutely nowhere to shop.
13. And the bars are super sh*t.
14. The people of Johannesburg have absolutely no fashion sense.
15. Art and culture? LOL.
16. The weekends are soooooooo boring.
16. And there is no public transport.
17. Things are so hectic all the time.
18. You call that sculpture, Johannesburg?
19. You make my eyes hurt.
20. Seriously though. Why would anyone want to visit Johannesburg?
Be Sociable, Share!
Brandslut’s Disclaimer: post concept borrowed from this post on BuzzFeed.
This post originally appeared on Brandslut, and is republished here with kind permission of Misha. Thank you!
About Brandslut: “My name is Misha and this is the blog I write; Brandslut. I started it in 2010. I was looking for a place to put my brand/product/consumer thoughts and here we are, four radical years later. Yes, I have a day job, and no, blogging doesn’t really pay. From 8 to 5 I’m a Digital Marketing Manager and manage one of South Africa’s premiere specialist bank brands. I love what I do. And I also love gin and running; preferably not together. I’ve been fortunate to have lived on four continents and now call Johannesburg home. I’m the mother of a Russian Blue cat called Falafels. She’s awesome. Travel is my ultimate indulgence and I aim to do lots more of it – both locally and abroad. You’ll see more travel writing on the blog as I weave the brand stories of places into it.” Visit www.brandslut.co.za