On World Lion Day we couldn’t think of anyone better to lead the celebration of this majestic creature…than South Africa’s own ‘Lion Whisperer’ Kevin Richardson.
Here – republished with kind permission – is Kevin’s list of 10 Signs Your Best Friend is a Lion:
1. You’re constantly taking selfies together
2. They give the best welcome hugs
3. They’re always eating your snacks
4. They always want to come round
5. They’re not afraid of PDAs (Public Displays of Affection)
6. Like really…
7. You’ll happily (cat) nap together
8. You forgive them even if they hurt you
9. They can interrupt you and you won’t get annoyed
It turns out Tau is also very passionate about lion conservation! Napoleon even joins in as well. Happy World #WorldLionDay 10th August! #SaveLions
10. They are dying due to habitat loss, human-predator conflict, unscrupulous hunting, disease and their illegal trade.
Click here to view the original article
About Kevin Richardson / The Lion Whisperer
The Kevin Richardson Wildlife Sanctuary’s mission is to provide a self-sustaining African carnivore sanctuary for the purposes of wild species preservation through education, awareness and funding, especially pertaining to the rapid decline of large carnivores in Africa due to habitat loss, human-predator conflict, unscrupulous hunting, disease and their illegal trade.
Lions currently occupy less than 20% of their historical range and are declining rapidly. The lions need our commitment to change this: