Video – Four lucky UK Friends enjoy 20 Experiences in 10 Days in South Africa
Four friends from the UK won the trip of a lifetime to South Africa earlier this year. The two couples flew out to South Africa in April for a fortnight of exploring the country – from Gauteng to KwaZulu-Natal, and then to the Western Cape. Married couple Lucy and Andrew (both Project Managers and both […]
Four friends from the UK won the trip of a lifetime to South Africa earlier this year. The two couples flew out to South Africa in April for a fortnight of exploring the country – from Gauteng to KwaZulu-Natal, and then to the Western Cape.
Married couple Lucy and Andrew (both Project Managers and both 31) were joined by Lucy’s childhood friend Sarah-Jayne, a 26-year-old Sales Manager, and her boyfriend Charles, a 25-year-old Recruitment Consultant.
The four friends were selected from auditions held in the UK for a South African Tourism campaign. The campaign – “Discover South Africa with Lucy, Sarah-Jayne, Charles and Andrew” – is currently being shown digitally across SA Tourism’s UK social media channels and Cadreon network. A bigger promotional push will take place between January and March.
The Brits were surprised by how cosmopolitan South Africa is, and how incredibly inviting its people are.
In the introduction video below, the friends can be seen enjoying some of the highlights of South Africa, and quite clearly loving it. “I have completely fallen in love with South Africa”, “so many sounds”, “never thought we’d get this close to the animals”, “every turn was another wow”, “you get this feeling from South Africa – it just gets inside you”, and “you can eat like a king” were some of their comments.
If you’d like to try your own 20 experiences (in maybe more than 10 days!!!), here are some of the things they got up to:
- A guided cycle tour of Soweto, followed by lunch at Chaf Pozi
- A visit to the Neighbourgoods Market
- A Walking tour of Johannesburg-Maboneng Precinct Neighbourhood
- Phinda Game Reserve for a safari experience
- Horse riding at IsiMangaliso Wetland Park
- An overnight stay at Umhlanga’s beautiful Oysterbox
- Hike up Lion’s Head
- Walking tour of Cape Town
- Ferry to Robben Island
- A visit to the Cape Winelands
- Walk through the village of Franchhoek
- Sundowners and dinner at the Blue Peter Hotel, Bloubergstrand
- A visit to Hout Bay and a drive along Chapman’s Peak Drive (recently voted one of the most scenic routes in the world)
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens for the Summer Sunset Concerts
- Dinner at Mama Africa